Variety is the spice of life and its good to switch the style up now and then.
A little color goes a long way, tired of seeing the ever white WhatsApp screen on your phone, looking for a little color in your chats?
Although the WhatsApp functions pretty much stay the same when you switch the color modes from light to dark or vice versa it’s just good to know that you have a choice eh?
According to the WhatsApp developers, the Dark mode is designed to reduce eye strain in low light environments.
They also wanted to minimize eye fatigue and stick to colors that are closer to the system defaults on iPhone and Android .
It also prevents your phone from lighting up the whole room like a beacon, especially when you have to share the room with people who prefer the lights out or maybe you’re traveling at night.
So here’s how to go about it, first you open your WhatsApp and
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option
- Select the ‘Chats’ option
- Select the ‘Theme’ option
- There is the option to select between ‘Light Mode’ and ‘Dark Mode ‘, select the dark mode and your screen color immediately changes.
- If your WhatsApp doesn’t have the option which allows you to change the color modes, you can sign up for the Android beta program
- The Android Beta Program “allows anyone enrolled to update their Android devices to the public beta and receive over-the-air updates for free”
- After you sign up for the Android Beta Program on Google Play Store you then wait for your account to be processed and this can take a few hours.
- You can update your App or download it and install the APK.
- You can restart your WhatsApp and follows the instructions to activate the Dark mode.
Welcome to the ‘dark side’>chaosafrica