Zimbabwe civil servants USD Covid-19 allowance: Zimbabwe civil servants are going to be paid in USD Unites States Dollars. A letter from Finance Minister Mthuli Ncube has revealed that the government resolved to pay a Covid-19 allowance in USD. for USD 75 for every civil servants. The Coivid-19 USD allowance will be equal or all civil servants.
Government has released the following communication:
Mthuli Ncube communnication on payment of Civil servants Covid-19 allowance in USD
PAYMENT OF CIVIL SERVICE COVID-19 ALLOWANCES AND SALARY REVIEW
Pursuant to Government’s commitment to continuously review and improve the remuneration framework for Civil Servants, taking into account the transitory economic challenges being currently experienced in the country, which have been exacerbated by the Covid-19 pandemic, Government makes the following announcement: –
1. With immediate effect, all Civil Servants’ Salaries will be adjusted upwards by 50%. This increase also applies to all Government Pensions.
2. In addition, all Civil Servants will be paid a flat, non-taxable, Covid-19 Allowance of USD75.00 per month.
3. Government Pensioners will be paid a flat, non-taxable, Covid-19 Allowance of USD30.00 per month.
4. Government has taken due regard of the fact that addressing the wage challenges faced across the Civil Service, any salary reviews will need to be done within a holistic framework in order to ensure that such a review does not impose a negative shock in the market.
5. This interim arrangement is for period of 3 months, starting from June 2020>chaosafrica