How do you feel when you see your friends with a flat tummy, while you parade yourself with a round fat, pot belly? Have you ever hated your physical appearance because of belly fat? What could be the likely cause of belly fat? Or what could be the possible cure?
Stomach fat is the assemblage of abdominal fat that results in an increased abdomen and waist size.
If you’re carrying additional weight around the middle, you may be looking for belly fat causes and remedies. Belly fat isn’t just ugly, but it is also unhealthy. Getting rid of belly fat seems to be on nearly everyone’s diet to-do roster. There is a reasonable purpose for this: abdominal fat has been revealed to be more harmful than fat held in other regions of the body. Having a great deal of abdominal fat, leaves you at tremendous threat for heart disease and other health issues
There are many products that target belly fat, or that at least claim to target belly fat, in the market today. Whether these products are really effective or a potentially harmful waste of cash is another matter.
Kinds of Stomach Fat
The reason belly fat is regarded as unhealthy is because it raises your risk of heart disease. Women with a waistline greater than 34 inches and men whose waists measure bigger than 40 inches are at tremendous risk. It also matters where the fat is stored. If it is located near and around your abdominal organs it is called visceral belly fat, and it poses more of a risk that the flabby (subcutaneous) fat located between your skin and abdominal wall.
The Causes of stomach fat
Poor diet and lack of exercise are basically blamed for belly fat. However other factors that influence an increase in belly fat are;
1. Body type
2. Age and metabolism
19 Foods that contribute to the stomach fat problem
Regularly eating the following foods can contribute to the problem.
1. Baked goods (especially pre-packaged cakes, doughnuts and cookies)
2. Ready-made frostings
3. Snack foods
4. French fries
5. Most battered and fried foods
6. Pie crusts and baking mixes
9. Alcoholic drinks
10. Juice boxes and fruit juices
12. Breakfast cereals and pre-sweetened oatmeal
13. Pre-packaged baked goods and crackers
14. Candy bars
15. Canned fruits
16. Ice cream
17. Jams and jellies
18. Salad dressings, condiments and sauces
19. Flavored yogurt, cottage or cream cheese
How to reduce stomach fat
1. Stay away from processed foods
2. Eliminate sugary drinks
3. Eat plenty of soluble fiber.
4. Hang out with health-focused friends.
5. Avoid foods that contain trans fats
6. Don’t drink too much alcohol
7. Eat a high protein diet
8. Eat more fruits and vegetables
9. Reduce your stress levels
10. Avoid eating a lot of sugary foods
11. Exercise regularly
Everyone’s body is different when it comes to weight distribution. But when you consume a healthy, clean diet, exercise regularly and avoid foods high in refined sugars and trans fats, you’re less likely to gain weight in the belly or anywhere else and more likely to enjoy good health>chaosafrica